Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Looking for love in all the wrong places?

The only place where you will find a truly satisfying love is in the Lord. Every other love is incomplete or lacking of that little something that only the love of God can provide. Although human love is wonderful as well as needful, it is nothing without the love of he who created love itself.

“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God”
~ 1 John 3:1
“Such Love”

I cherished the thought of endless love
And envisioned it to be
A love that encompasses heart and soul
And gently rests on me.

I dreamt of a love that never dies
And lived in my heart this dream.
In dream, for in life I could never find
Such love, or so it seemed.

Then at a time when it pleased my God
My eyes were allowed to see
That love, in its highest, purest form
Was standing In front of me.

Love that inhabits a perfect heart
Human, but yet divine
Then graciously, much to my hearts delight,
Allowed me to make it mine.

Never, in dreams had I lived such love
And never had my heart been
The object of such an amazing love
As that which I found in Him.

Nothing I’d done could have made
My heart worthy of love so grand.
T’was a gift of grace that came to me
Straight from the Master’s hand.

I dreamt of a love that never dies
And he, who could love me so,
Without hesitation gave his life,
The strength of his love to show.

I cherished the thought of endless love
And the Lord in his sovereignty
Moved Heaven and earth to ensure his love
Would come gently to rest on me.
By N. Gonzalez © poetryandpraise.com 2011 all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment