Friday, February 18, 2011

A Christian Poem about Heaven

“IMAGINE”

Imagine with me for one moment
that we stood at the gates, you and I
and our hearts started beating within us
as those gates suddenly swung open wide.
Can you feel the excitement around us,
do you see all the things that I see?
All the saints on their feet and they're cheering
with a welcome for you and for me.

See the tables, they're set for a banquet
with the finest of linen and gold.
In the air there's a sense of rejoicing
and this feeling will never grow old.
Is that Paul who is coming to greet us,
saying "Beloved, you've finished the race!
You have fought the good fight and been faithful,
now come rest in his love and his Grace."

Have you noticed the beautiful music
and the angels all gathered around?
Have you noticed that on all of these faces,
there isn't a tear to be found?
Do you feel what I feel at this moment?
All my fears have begun to subside.
And there's nothing that can be compared
to the peace that I'm feeling inside.

Wherever I look there is beauty
and all of saints know my name.
Now, because all my sins are forgiven,
I can face them without any shame.
And then suddenly... a hush falls upon them
and they slowly start moving aside.
Do you see what I see in the distance?
It is moving toward us, a beautiful light!

I watch as the light moves in closer,
now my joy I can hardly contain.
It is JESUS! He is walking right to me,
and He is calling to me by my name!
As His eyes look directly at mine,
with his arms he is motioning "come".
But I fall to my knees and I tremble
for my body is suddenly numb.

So he smiles and then gently he lifts me
and he holds me up close to his heart.
Now my mind looks for something to tell him
but my heart doesn't know where to start.
And before I can utter one word,
I hear his voice speaking into my ear.
He says "I've waited so long for this moment.
Now my child you are finally here!"

So I struggle to say "Jesus Thank you.
It is only because of you that I'm here".
But again, in his arms as he holds me,
I feel the warmth of his voice by my ear.
He says "Daughter, I knew you would make it.
That is why I've prepared you a place."
As I stand to my feet and I face him,
he is gently caressing my face.

There are no words to express what I'm feeling
and there's nothing worth giving this up.
Yet, I can sum it all up in a moment,
with a word that we both know as "LOVE"
By N. Gonzalez © poetryandpraise.com 2011 all rights reserved

Our other blogs…
{Looking for Janet}  {Quality Cords}  {Pendant of the Day}  {While Surfing the Web}

No comments:

Post a Comment