Saturday, March 19, 2011

Christian Poetry - A Poem about being crucified with Christ

”Is not my word like as a fire? saith the LORD; and like a hammer that breaketh
the rock in pieces?” ~Jeremiah 23:29

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ
liveth in me…” ~Galatians 2:20

“Crucified with Christ”

When I find myself caught in battle
Where the soldiers of Satan roam
When I feel that I cannot face him
Oh, Lord, I just want to go home

How I long for my place in Heaven
And the Savior that there awaits
Far from worries and fears that hound me
Sitting safely beyond those gates
How I wish this was all behind me
That my journey had reached its end
But at night as I lay in silence
I see the face of a trusted friend

I can picture the nails that pierced him
One by one through each gentle hand
Hands that reach through the night to find me
Hands that lift me and help me stand

Just a touch and my eyes are opened
No longer fearing the dreaded fight
Though just a drop of his blood has spoken
A thousand words echoed through the night

In the haven of true surrender
Before a Savior who understands
I cry, “Dear Lord, as those nails were driven,
Drive me into your waiting hands!”

And having done so, I ask dear Savior,
That my healing may be complete,
Let this life that I now surrender
Be nailed secure to your wounded feet

Only there would my soul be strengthened
That from your will I would not depart
And like the spear through your side was driven,
I’d find my way to your bleeding heart

By N. Gonzalez © poetryandpraise.com 2011 all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment