Friday, March 18, 2011

Christian Poetry - A poem about finding love


“Would have loved”
 
I whispered but nobody listened
Then I spoke yet it turned out the same
Would have screamed but the words died within me
And my voice had been silenced in shame
 
I took a step and I lost my direction
I tried to walk but I stumbled and fell
Would have run but my steps had no meaning
And my journey no story to tell
 
I cared but I met with rejection
When I felt, all the feelings were dead
Would have loved but I’d no one to teach me
So I ran from the notion instead
 
Until the day when the Lord stood before me
Touched my lips, touched my feet, and my heart
He set his love into motion within me
Gave me hope and a brand new start
 
Now the words that I speak are eternal
And my spirit no longer must roam
Now I love, and am loved so completely
By a love that is leading me home
   
Only God can teach us what true love really means.

By N. Gonzalez © poetryandpraise.com 2011 all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment