Saturday, March 19, 2011

Christian Poetry - A poem about LAURA

       “LAURA”

Long ago and far away
     On top of Golgotha hill
     A man cried out “my God, my God”
     As Heaven and Earth stood still

All of the pain I have ever felt
     And all that I’ll ever feel
     Broke through the boundaries of space and time
     Like breaking a wall of steel

Under the moonlight, unknown to me
     They were laid on that innocent man
     Who never refused for he knew it all
     Was part of a wonderful plan

Riddled with many a bleeding wound
     But thinking on Heaven’s bliss
     He took all the sins that I’ve ever known
     And quietly made them his

Amazingly then, after tasting death,
      He triumphed in Victory
      And after he opened up Heaven’s gates
      He turned and he called for me…

By N. Gonzalez © poetryandpraise.com 2011 all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment