Friday, March 18, 2011

Christian Poetry - A poem about a difficult marraige

“Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.” ~Pro 10:12

I set in my heart to forget you
By allowing my love to grow cold
And letting the distance between us
Increase as the years unfold

But the God of my heart stepped forward
With many a memory
Of the vow that we’d made together
And the love that he placed in me

I set in my heart to forget you
To avoid that familiar pain
And flee to a distant haven
Where I’d never feel it again

But the plans of my God were different
From what I’d conspired to do
And daily, without my knowing
He strengthened my love for you

It isn’t how much you love me
That keeps me from walking away
But the vow that I made before Jesus
That gives me the power to stay

Now allowing my heart to forget you
Is something I just cannot do
For its God who is ever keeping
My heart filled with love for you

By N. Gonzalez © poetryandpraise.com 2011 all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment