Monday, March 14, 2011

Christian Poetry - A poem about witnessing

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" ~ 1Peter 3:15

Come sit by my side for a moment
Come tell me the things that you know
My spirit is broken within me
This sorrow just will not let go

They say you have found the solution
Some “Jesus” they say, set you free
But see how I die in my sorrow
Please come share this Jesus with me

Alone I’ve sought peace and contentment
Alone I have run from my fear
And all that I’ve found in the process
Is emptiness, anger and tears

The peace in your life is apparent
No matter what life sends your way
I envy the joy and assurance
I hear in the things that you say.

I don’t understand though I try to
What gives you the hope that I see
Cause I know the things you have gone through
How you’ve faced many struggles, like me.

They say I’ll never get to Heaven
They say that they won’t let me in
It has something to do with your Jesus
And something to do with my sin

I don’t understand what they’re saying
But they say it’s for people like you
I wish you would tell me your secret
And show me the things I must do

But if you indeed have the answer
And still have not shared it with me
Then all I can say in my sorrow
Is…How could you do this to me?

By N. Gonzalez © poetryandpraise.com 2011 all rights reserved


No comments:

Post a Comment