Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Christian Poetry - A poem about Heaven and Seeing Jesus

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away... and I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband...Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God...And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald...And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.." -Revelation 21:1-3,19,21


“I will see Him”

Take me to the holy city
They call the New Jerusalem
For I know my Lord will be there
And I want to be with Him

Lead me through the pearly gates
Though it’s not them I long to see
I don’t care how big and shiny
Or how grand those gates may be

And please, don’t stop to admire
The streets of gold beneath our feet
It’s not the gold that I have dreamed of
But Jesus, who I want to meet

Rush me past the walls of Jasper
Let me stand before the throne
That my eyes may see the beauty
That until now I’ve never known

Don’t show me Sapphires or Rubies
There’s just one sight I want to see
It is the lovely face of Jesus
With whom my soul has longed to be

There’s nothing more that I desire
Than to stand before him in that place
And with my eyes behold the glory
Of seeing Jesus face to face.

By N. Gonzalez © poetryandpraise.com 2011 all rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment