Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Christian Poetry - A poem about Someone waiting for US!

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also."~John 14:3


“Someone Waits For Me”

Over the mountains, beyond the sea
There is someone who patiently waits for me
Someone whose hands are both gentle and strong
Whose presence would fill every heart with song

Someone whose beauty I long to see
Whose eyes never cease to watch over me
Who has carved me into the palm of His hand
Whose wisdom we mortals cannot understand

Whose love is as pure as a love could be
Someone who has given His all for me
Who knows my thoughts, my dreams, my fears
Who has promised to wipe away all my tears

There He waits till that blessed day
When the trumpet sounds and I’m swept away
And the forces of darkness wherever they be
Have no power to stop Him from coming for me

Now this world could crumble, the skies could fall
But it would not change anything at all
For over the mountains, beyond the sea
There is someone who patiently waits for me
By N. Gonzalez © poetryandpraise.com 2011 all rights reserved

 

No comments:

Post a Comment